Athlete of the Month: Kenyon Nelson

Gabino Vidales, Staff Writer

Kenyon Nelson a freshman quarterback for Lincoln’s Varsity team, has received athlete of the month for his stunning game against the Granada High School. Nelson plans to make a living off of football; after all, Nelson grew up and played the sport since he was 10 years old.

Nelson continues to play his sport because it’s a game he learned to love. Nelson believes that football is a way to relieve his stress and anger. He chose football because of his father and his uncle who both played previously.

“I love Lincoln’s environment, surroundings, and the people who make Lincoln. If LHS wasn’t a thing I wouldn’t be able to play football”. If it weren’t school he wouldn’t have the chance to go to the NFL.

Keyon believes that school is a place where he can play football and have fun doing it. Normally, Kenyon gets nervous before a game during his warm-ups, so before a game he breathes deeply in and out. 

Kenyon believes that being an athlete helped him become a better student by keeping his grades up in order to play the game he knows and loves. 

Kenyon used to attend the Delta Sierra Middle School before attending Lincoln High. Kenyon’s role model is De’Marion Nelson. 

Kenyon’s final advice for other athlete is “God first, school second” though keeping your grades up is the number one thing to be a great athlete, and to become a better student.

He will continue to push towards his goals and will focus on his passions. But, he will not let anything get in his way of his dreams and his fucture.