NFL Season Kick-off

Alonzo Kelly, Staff Writer

With the upcoming NFL season quickly approaching, there have been multiple reactions around campus about the kick-off of the new NFL campaign. With big off-season moves like star wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. going to the Browns, elusive running back Le’veon Bell signing with the Jets, and ball hawk free safety Earl Thomas signing with the Ravens, everyone is excited to see what the upcoming season holds. 

“I can’t wait to see how the new teams, and all the new trades work out,” said  Freshman Kenyon Nelson.

People are ready to see what new rookies are ready to bring to the table and provide with their new team. Rookies such as, Nick Bosa, D.K. Metcalf, and Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray, are expected to have big impacts on their teams during their rookie year. “A rookie that I think will have an impact on the upcoming NFL season is Cornerback Greedy Williams from LSU. He was really good in college, and I look forward to seeing him play,” said senior Valentino Yarbrogh.

Also with the new season approaching, people are already making their bets about who is going to be the Super Bowl winner. The 2019 Super Bowl winning New England Patriots have high hopes going into the 2019-2020 season, while big off-season winners like the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, and Denver Broncos look to make a solid playoff push. But a big team that many people around here on campus are looking forward to see play is the Oakland Raiders. This is in large part to the Raiders picking up wide receiver Antonio Brown and rookies Josh Jacobs and Clelin Ferrell.