‘It’s like there is no way I can stop’

New energy drinks become popular among students.

Some+worry+that+the+nutritional+contents+of+energy+drinkscould+pose+long-term+health+risks.++
Back to Article
Back to Article

‘It’s like there is no way I can stop’

Some worry that the nutritional contents of energy drinkscould pose long-term health risks.

Genasis Ramirez, Staff Writer

Which energy drink brand do you prefer

• Monster (38%, 3 Votes)
  • Bang (25%, 2 Votes)
  • Red Bull (25%, 2 Votes)
  • Rock Star (13%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 8

Loading ... Loading ...
The new big drink that has everyone going crazy… Bangs. These new energy drinks have people going insane. They taste, look, and smell amazing. 

They are not hard to miss. With flavors ranging from “Purple Haze” all the way to “Rainbow Unicorn” one would be tempted to try them all. 

They have unique neon packaging which holds in great flavor. There is no way anyone could pass these up. 

Well, what if consumers knew what was in these drinks… would that change their mind? 

Or the bursting flavor too hard to give up? Here’s a look at opinions at Lincoln High. 

Lincoln High junior, Rico Rondaris had a few things to say about this popular drink. 

“Energy drinks are already addictive , but with bangs it’s like there is no way I can stop, the flavor is just spot on every time.”

I then told Rondaris, there is so much sugar in these drinks which is very unhealthy for the body. He responded in a unique way. 

“Yes, I understand these drinks are totally bad for you but If I just work out, then that sugar is gone… I cannot pass these up!”

I asked another junior, Davina Price, the same questions. 

“Bangs are delicious, I can’t think of anyone that doesn’t drink them or at least haven’t tried them.” Said Price,   “They are just terrible for the body. Also they are addictive, I really get withdrawals if I don’t have these things, I really need to stop though.” 

Teens cannot get enough. Bangs are hot in the energy drink industry right now.  Students left and right walking around with one in there hand.

Put aside the health deficiencies, this might just be the tastiest of them all and everyone’s first choice. 

Although we need to become more aware of what’s going into our bodies, our health is most important.  While some argue that the health impacts could be bad for students, others say that the drinks are worth the risk.  

While the company boasts low calorie numbers, the drinks contain alot of caffeine and sugar.