Mr. Bo Is Back At Lincoln! 

Mr. Bo Is Back At Lincoln! 

Lanna Ortiz

Some of you may have noticed that there is a new face in our library. The staff at Lincoln High School might remember him because he is back again! Mr. Bonilla (the majority of us just call him Mr. Bo). He used to teach English for all grades at Lincoln High School for 13 years! Mr. Bonilla was also hired to work at a school that taught students who were expelled from Lincoln. 

Mr. Bonilla has been hired to be the head librarian for Lincoln Unified School District, overlooking about 12 libraries including ours. Mr. Bonilla was born and raised in Stockton, attending Colonial Heights Elementary and Lincoln High School.  He even has a couple of tattoos dedicated to Stockton! Last year in 2022 his book, The 5 Clones, was published.  His book involves a guy named Dan and his 5 clones who attempt to secretly enter the new California Independent Republic. Dan and his clones become enmeshed in a struggle to find and secure a new technology that could save or destroy the world. Mr. Bonilla took approximately 7 years to finish and publish The 5 Clones. Mr. Bo’s book is available to check out in the school library! Mr. Bonilla is currently working on a second book.  

There have been some changes in our library!  Every Monday music is being played over the PA called “Media Monday” in order to make the library a more neutral place.  You can also go to the library if you need a loaner computer for the day, computer check out requires students to call a parent and let them know that you are getting a loaner for the day. Students may also need to come in after each class period or before and basically just re-new your computer. Students are held accountable and must return it at the end of the day. Mr. Bonilla says that he’s very excited about being back and intends to stay here for the rest of the year. A piece of advice he would always say to his students is “Be kind, work hard, and you will be successful in life”.