The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Image depicting the amount of fentanyl needed for a lethal reaction as compared to the size of a penny
Fentanyl: The drug epidemic sweeping the nation
Zachary NicholsMarch 28, 2024

Is the US still at war with drugs, Or have we already lost?  Zachary Nichols - Staff Writer  Date: March 16, 2024  STOCKTON-...

Spirit Week

How can you participate?
Spirit+Week

Lincoln Spirit: Spirit week happens when our ASB (Student Body) organizes a week of school where we dress in different themes to show school spirit and get us excited before an event happens such as homecoming. Themes are chosen based on what is school appropriate and what we think would interest the students. Resources state that Spirit Week was made to be joyful for students and was first known as “Friendship week.” It also gets students to go to school because they are able to dress out of their norm and without getting judged. The message of Spirit Week not only encourages spirit, but it is fun to dress up as your favorite characters. 

Our future ideas for Spirit Week from students is to dress up as their favorite music artist because last year’s students really liked that. It’s creative and something that they would actually dress up for. Themes can be hard to pick from because you have to be aware that not everyone has the resources or clothes to dress up for a certain day like Jersey Day. My personal favorite theme for spirit week is our class colors, because you could either wear your class shirt given to you by the ASB class, or wear clothing of that color if you have it. Either way, you are able to show spirit and that is what matters!

A good way for students to advertise Spirit Weeks is social media because information can get around fast through digital resources. If you are a student who is part of the committee who runs Spirit Week, you should undoubtedly participate and encourage your friends around you to dress up on these days. As a student though, you are not obligated to dress up, but you should try and show your spirit to your school.