The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
Samuel HelmsApril 30, 2024

Stockton: Former NFL superstar and accused murderer OJ Simpson died this past Wednesday, April 10, 2024.  His death sparked many mixed emotions...

Volleyball players setting into season

Recap of how the season is going so far.
Shereen Altaian

Lincoln High, Stockton Lincoln High School girls volleyball has begun the 2023 season with some big games and many wins.  Lincoln’s girls varsity had a strong start to the season beginning 2-0, with wins against Edison and Liberty Ranch.  They played their first tournament on August 26th, with a chance to see some of the better teams in the area, pulling off a second win against Edison in 2 sets.  Some varsity leaders in stats so far are senior setter Hailey McCormack with 20 serving aces, junior middle hitter Adori Walker with 12 blocks, and freshman outside hitter Teairra Matalasi Kenner with 27 kills.  Speaking on how the season is going so far is setter, and co-captain Hailey McCormack. When asked how the season is going so far, she said, “It has been good so far. We’ve seen some challenging matches to start the season.” When asked about how she feels about her last season at Lincoln, she said,  “I’m sad to know it’s my last year playing for Lincoln, but I’m looking forward to having a good season to end on.” Varsity volleyball is ready to have a great season with some big blocks, aces, and many kills. 

With a 4-0 record to start the season, and winning matches in 2 sets JV is playing as one with contributions from everyone. Noticeable stats leaders are from freshman outside hitter Audrey Bernier with 8 serving aces, sophomore outside hitter Emily Bear with 8 kills, and sophomore setter Karlie McKinney with 11 assists.  Playing part time on varsity as well as JV is outside hitter and Co-captain Kaydence Tillford.  When asked how Kaydence feels about the season and what she’s looking forward to she said, “I have lots of hope for the season, our players have grown a lot since last year, and I’m most excited to play St. Mary’s in this season.” JV is looking forward to continuing to have a strong season and many more wins. 

Freshman pulled off their first win against Weston Ranch in an exciting 3 set match with a tiebreaker score of 17-15.  Standout performances from libero Alexis Arias, provided passes to setter Esme Davis,  who helped bring the freshman Trojans a victorious win with lots of celebration. Commenting on how the season is going and thoughts about their game is setter and captain Esme Davis.  Esme feels the season has been good so far.  She is also looking forward to improving as a team throughout this season.  When asked what she’s most looking forward to in her upcoming years of Lincoln volleyball she said, “To improve as an individual player and have fun as an upperclassmen in the years to come.” 

With a strong start to the season there is only more good to come with lots of development from all teams.  You can find their schedule on Maxpreps or the Lincoln High School website. Come support your Lady Trojans at any of our 3 team matches, freshman at 4:30, JV at 5:30, and Varsity at 6:30.