The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Image depicting the amount of fentanyl needed for a lethal reaction as compared to the size of a penny
Fentanyl: The drug epidemic sweeping the nation
Zachary NicholsMarch 28, 2024

Is the US still at war with drugs, Or have we already lost?  Zachary Nichols - Staff Writer  Date: March 16, 2024  STOCKTON-...

Halloween Costume Ideas

How can you participate on Halloween?

Stockton: Do you like Halloween? Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I love to get into the spirit. Halloween is a holiday that is celebrated each year on October 31st. The origin of Halloween came from the ancient Celtic festival. It was believed that on that day, the souls of the dead returned to their homes, so dressing up in costumes and lighting bonfires would ward off spirits. My dad sometimes decorates the house but he doesn’t like Halloween as much as I do. I love dressing up, the sweets, the candy, and the scary movies, but choosing a Halloween costume for myself is a struggle. I know how difficult it is to pick out Halloween costumes for both genders, but that is why I will be helping the readers with costume ideas if you want some inspiration!  

Halloween costumes don’t have to be expensive, you can use things you already have at home. An easy costume idea could be the purge which both girls and boys could wear. Another costume that is gender-neutral are onesies because there are different animals and characters that are made. Lastly, another gender neutral costume is a police uniform because there are women police officers and men. 

If you are willing to spend money on your Halloween costume, here are some ideas I’ve had in mind for myself. My favorite costume I’ve had in mind is Dracula from Monster High. He’s my favorite character and there are also boy characters in the show. You can also do a group costume with friends that includes boys and girls, such as marvels or avengers. There are many characters you can choose from! 

As I know, some people don’t all celebrate Halloween and that’s okay! You can stay inside with friends, watch a movie and eat snacks. Also, you can have a small Halloween party with close friends and dress up as if you are going out. You can have fun anywhere on Halloween! You don’t have to go out to have fun and who doesn’t love to dress up and show off your creative ideas.