The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
Samuel HelmsApril 30, 2024

Stockton: Former NFL superstar and accused murderer OJ Simpson died this past Wednesday, April 10, 2024.  His death sparked many mixed emotions...

Boys Basketball Senior Spotlight

Lincoln says goodbye to their seven seniors

Stockton- Lincoln High’s boys’ basketball team is having an excellent season with a record of 21-5. With the last league games of the season upon us and the thrill of playoff games, it’s time to say goodbye to our 7 seniors who have helped lead the team to many victories and big moments.

Christian Jamora: Christian is a 5’10 post player who has been playing organized basketball since he was six years old. He started out playing with the YMCA, St. Edwards, city of Stockton Parks and Rec, CYO, which then led him to move to AAU, playing with teams such as Port City, Lincoln Pressure, and Lincoln Takeover. He has played all over the court with a wide variety of skills,but his best play happens when showing his skills as a guard/shooting guard. He has been awarded numerous tournament medals and named All Tourney for many JV tournaments. With his mark left at Lincoln, he plans to leave and attend college majoring in Film/Business.

Reilly Siador: While Siador may now be 6’1, his love for basketball started all the way back when he was a little kid in kindergarten. He has become a big role maker as a shooting guard and small forward. One of his favorite memories with basketball was the San Diego trip with his team and having his first slam dunk in a game. With an exciting basketball career to look back on, Siador is taking his next step in life and planning to go to nursing school.

Dylan Gonzales: At 4 years old, Gonzales started his career playing for YMCA, and at times playing in an older age group. From there, he went to play with NJB, and then started playing AAU with Lincoln Pressure, Port City, and Lincoln Take Over. As a freshman, he made the JV team for Lincoln High School, and later on joined Varsity. Now, he is a 6’2 shooting guard who helps Lincoln make shots from the field. With a 4.0 GPA, he plans to attend Delta College and later on transfer to Sac State to finish his business degree and continue developing his own real estate investment company.

Jayden Huyhn: Jayden first started his career in basketball at 9 years old. Now, he plays point guard for Lincoln while maintaining a 4.0 GPA. While only at a height of 5’8, he makes up for it on the court with great shots and big moment assists. One of his favorite memories has been beating Lincoln’s crosstown rival St. Mary’s. After graduation, Huyhn plans to attend Delta College.

Xavier Crawford: Crawford is a 6’3 senior who found his passion for basketball at a young age. Ever since elementary school, he has been playing basketball, which is one of his many passions. One of his most memorable experiences was his first dunk in a game. As a guard, Xavier played a role during intense moments in helping Lincoln secure many victories. After graduation, he plans on attending HBCU.

Elijah Holmes: Since 4 years old, Holmes has played organized basketball, where most of the time he was playing with 6-year-olds. From a young age he was thrilled to be playing basketball, many times being so excited that he would steal the ball from his own teammates during games! Throughout his career, he has been a point guard, shifting to a shooting guard during high school. With a height of 6 ‘1, he is a dedicated player, always willing to do whatever it takes to help his team win, which helped to earn him a spot on the Varsity team since sophomore year. He has been tasked many times with guarding other teams’ point guards or fast-paced players. Holmes’s energy and tenacity is part of the reason Lincoln won its first playoff game ever at home. His goal is to hopefully get a scholarship and be able to continue playing basketball for as long as he can at the highest level possible. He would like to graduate college with a degree and become a useful member of society.

Quentin Thompson: For most of his life, this 6’6 senior has been a force on that court that was hard to stop. He started playing basketball when he was 4 years old. From there, he became an excellent combo guard with a wide variety of skills. Before transferring to Lincoln, he was named to the 2nd team all-league in TCAL and Varsity MVP as a sophomore. While playing for West Coast Elite in the summer of 2023, he helped lead his team to the top 10 ranking in the NorCal Summer Circuit ranking and GXL rankings. He is a McDonald’s All-American nominee and made TCAL all-league honorable mention at Lincoln High School for his 2022-2023 season. One of his memories was leading Lincoln to overtime against Modesto Christian in the 2nd round of the 2023 SJF playoffs. After graduation, he plans to continue playing college basketball and study diagnostic ultrasound.

On senior night against Tokay, these 7 seniors received all the appreciation and love from their school. This game was great for the Trojans as they won 88-26. In this game, junior Anthony Moore reached over 1,000 points, a big career high. The team played very well overall, all of our seniors getting their time to shine. Soon our Trojans will be heading into the playoffs, which will be quite a thrill, and you surely won’t want to miss it!