The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
LHS Teachers Retiring
LHS Teachers Retiring
Michelle BekhtelMay 24, 2024

STOCKTON- The 2024 school year is coming to an end, and with this short time left we must take time to recognize teachers that have chosen to...

Countdown to Finals!

How to prepare and prep yourself for finals to be set up for success
Countdown to Finals!

Trojans, summer is almost officially here. We’re down to only a few short weeks and then we’re out of school! With finals quickly approaching, we need to go over some tips to help you be as prepared as possible for those exams. There are  a few main things you need to do:tudy, get good sleep, and use your support system.

When prepping for a big final, the main key to passing is to study. Start chipping away at any study guides and reviewing any and all notes you’ve taken throughout the semester. Studying even as little as 15-20 minutes per day can make a drastic difference. Spacing out your studying and not trying to cram the night before, is way more beneficial to you retaining the info. 

Arguably the most important aspect of preparing for a big test is sleep. Getting a good 7-8 hours of sleep per night in the days leading up to the final will also set you up for success. There is tons of scientific research that backs up the claim of sleep helping you retain information and making you think clearer. Going into a final tired and groggy is one of the worst things you can do. 

The final main part of preparation is using your support system. Talk with others in the same classes. Compare answers, and study together. You can also go to adults in your life who may know about the subject more than you.

There’s lot of other ways to set yourself up for success. Such as eating a good breakfast the morning of your finals. Stick to your schedule and plan out your days and studying in advance. You can also use other methods such as flashcards to help you study as well, and always stay organized. So with that, let’s all pass those finals!