The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Image depicting the amount of fentanyl needed for a lethal reaction as compared to the size of a penny
Fentanyl: The drug epidemic sweeping the nation
Zachary NicholsMarch 28, 2024

Is the US still at war with drugs, Or have we already lost?  Zachary Nichols - Staff Writer  Date: March 16, 2024  STOCKTON-...

Summer 101

What are things you need for summer? 

Summer is coming soon and the weather is getting warmer. You need to make sure that you’re taking care of your skin because a bad sun-burn could really do some damage. Make sure to use sunscreen! Summer is a season of being outside and having fun whether it’s going to the beach, having a barbecue, getting ice cream, traveling, and going on a road trip. These are all great things to do during the summer but make sure you don’t forget to take care of yourself!

I love summer. Summer is the best time not only because we get a break from school but we are able to just do whatever we want and meet new people. I also feel as though summer is when I’m the happiest and healthiest. It feels like a fever dream and when I think about summer it just makes me excited for it to come. I’m also able to sleep as long as I want but I would rather not sleep my summer away because there are so much better things I could be doing. I just want it to be summer already! 

A good day at the beach means you need these items. You need to have sunscreen to make sure your skin is good. You also need to bring a speaker because music makes any day better. Make sure you’re wearing a bathing suit and that you bring a towel if you choose to go in the water. Some other accessories you may need are a hat and sunglasses. Sunglasses are so cute and they make you look stylish at the same time. Also make sure you’re with people you enjoy being around! 

What are your favorite things to eat during the summer? I love to eat fruits and sweet treats during the summer because it makes me feel refreshed and who doesn’t like sweet treats? My favorite fruits to eat are strawberries, mangos, and watermelons. The sweet treats I like to eat are ice cream, cookies, and brownies. Not to mention, baking is so fun to do during the summer. You can make brownies with your friends or find fun recipes to try. Any food is great during the summer. 

In the summer, try to stay in cooler areas if you don’t want a tan and wear lots of sunscreen. Make sure to wear light-weight clothing so you don’t overheat. Summer is fun but when your skin is peeling it is not satisfying but anyways have fun and go out and hangout with your friends and try new things!