The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
LHS Teachers Retiring
LHS Teachers Retiring
Michelle BekhtelMay 24, 2024

STOCKTON- The 2024 school year is coming to an end, and with this short time left we must take time to recognize teachers that have chosen to...

Analysis of The $30 Million LA Heist

On Easter Sunday there was a theft at a money storage facility in the San Fernando Valley that resulted in one of the biggest cash heists in the history of Los Angeles
Analysis of The $30 Million LA Heist

LOS ANGELES: The L.A. Police Department’s Cmdr. Elaine Morales made a statement that said the  burglary happened on Sunday night at a Sylmar facility that handles and stores cash from businesses throughout the area. According to Morales, the thieves succeeded in breaking into both the building and the safe that had the money inside. Law enforcement sources claim the total amount taken in the burglary was too much for any armored car heist in the city’s history. Now going down as one of the biggest in terms of cash. The Times got word from sources close to the investigation that a group had breached the roof of the Gardaworld building on Roxford Street to get access to the vault. How they managed to evade the alarm system is unknown, though. After informing the police, detectives from the LAPD’s Mission Division quickly rushed to the crime scene to get the clues they needed.

The complex process of the break-in showed that the crew was an experienced group with knowledge on how to get into a secure facility without being caught. Selby, co-author of “Flawless: Inside the Largest Diamond Heist in History,” said the theft had “all the markings of a really well-thought-out job” performed by a “professional crew.” Based on similar massive thefts, he noted that it’s likely that the thieves had some inside information. Selby mentioned that the tracking of the money is based on the serial number records or proof that the collected funds are already in use. He said it is hard to launder traceable bills and hide gains that were stolen. $30 million was stolen by burglars in a historic California heist. Weeks later, nobody has been captured. Law enforcement officers were summoned to the cash storage in the Sylmar neighborhood of San Fernando Valley, and it has been more than 20 days since then.  Although there are few details available, new viewpoints have surfaced about what many experts refer to as one of the largest cash thefts in the history of not only Los Angeles but the entire United States.