The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
Samuel HelmsApril 30, 2024

Stockton: Former NFL superstar and accused murderer OJ Simpson died this past Wednesday, April 10, 2024.  His death sparked many mixed emotions...

The Grammys

The+Grammys

The 66th Annual Grammys Awards occurred on February 4th in Los Angeles. It sparked controversy and made history.

Dua Lipa started the show off with a strong performance. The pop-star has an extremely strong stage presence, therefore it was easy for her to keep the audience captivated. Dua and her backup dancers were sporting all black leather outfits. Some fans believe that Dua’s new hair look and fiery performance are possibly hinting at a new vibe for her next album. Although Dua Lipa didn’t go home with any Grammys this year, her performance started the show with great energy.

Shockingly, Miley Cyrus won a Grammy for the first time this year. Although Miley has been in the spotlight since she was a young teen, she has never won a Grammy before. She performed as well, but the fact that she didn’t have any visuals or backup dancers, made the performance dull. Her energy was high, but it wasn’t the same for the audience. The singer was heard saying “Why are you all acting like you don’t know this song!” while singing her Grammy winning song Flowers. Even though her performance was mediocre, her outfit was far from that. She wore a beautiful dress with a cutout in the front that had diamonds flowing above her knees.

Folk artist Joni Mitchell gave her all in her very first performance at the Grammys. Having won 10 Grammys in her lifetime, it’s quite surprising she’s never been invited to perform until now. Her powerful performance left much of the audience in tears.

Rapper Jay-Z accepted the Dr.Dre Global Impact Grammy award. He was joined by his daughter Blue Ivy, who was wearing a beautiful Vivienne Westwood dress, on stage. While giving his acceptance speech, he called out The Academy for never awarding Beyoncé the Album of the Year award. Seeing as she is the holder of having the most Grammys, it’s agreeable how absurd it is for her to never have won this award.

Lastly, the winner for the Album of the Year went to pop-singer Taylor Swift. She made history by being the only person to have 4 of these awards. She was joined on stage by producer Jack Antonoff and singer-songwriter Lana Del Rey, along with many others. Taylor praised Lana by saying that many people in the industry wouldn’t be doing what they’re doing if it wasn’t for her. On the other hand, Lana had lost all of the categories she was nominated for, which can be surprising seeing how her latest album was one of her strongest albums lyrically. Taylor Swift announced that she has a new album that will be released later this April.