The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
Samuel Helms April 30, 2024

Stockton: Former NFL superstar and accused murderer OJ Simpson died this past Wednesday, April 10, 2024.  His death sparked many mixed emotions...

Publicity USB Officers Speak Out

From Frames to Fame: Meet the Minds Behind our School’s Outreach

LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL Have you ever wondered who’s behind the school’s social media and makes our weekly video announcements?  Or who publicizes and photographs school events?  Meet Eiel Cabase, and Alexandra (Lexie) Gutierrez, both juniors at Lincoln High School.  Eiel is one of the 2 Social Media Directors and Lexie is our Publicity Officer.  Eiel and Lexie’s drive for connection and impact provides our school community a better campus culture for all students.  

Note to readers: Faith Quesada, our sophomore Social Media Director, is not included in this article.  

Maliss: What inspired you to take on your position?

Eiel: Nothing really inspired me to take my position.  I’ve always been in leadership, so since like seventh grade, I decided to run for, I think it was Vice President…  I was beaten by the same person twice.  So yeah, third time’s the charm, and that’s what really inspired me to run for something in USB (United Student Body.)

Lexie: While being the Sophomore Publicity officer for the 2022-2023 school year, it led me to want to continue to move forward with giving myself a bigger position.  I enjoy seeing my work around campus or on any social media we post on.  I was also inspired by my Nina, who is also publicity at her job!  She helps me with most of my work that I put out at Lincoln High School. 

Maliss: How do you manage your time with USB duties, school, and extracurricular activities? 

Eiel: Our advisor, Mr. Gadeke, gives us great resources that we can organize our work with.  And USB’s a lot of time consuming work and it’s really fun.  It really pays off.  But yeah, you have to be very, very organized in his resources. 

Lexie: It sometimes gets hard to manage my time since I have always been terrible with my time management, but this year I finally got a planner and didn’t put so much on me that I can’t handle. 

Maliss: Who’s a person that’s been the most influential or supportive in your life?

Eiel: Gotta say myself.  Like, if you don’t believe in yourself, then there’s no point…  Of course my mom is a big part of my life.  Of course my parents, my friends, everybody.  But you always come first and you need to believe in yourself.  If you don’t, then just, there’s nothing.

Lexie: My mom is the most supportive person in my life and I wouldn’t change it for the world.   While things go on in my personal life, she is always there to make me feel better and she always tries to give me solutions to any issues I have.  My mom constantly gives me brutal honesty on anything I do and it helps a lot more than sugar coating things and allowing mistakes to be “okay.”

Maliss: Is there a quote or a piece of advice that you live by?

Eiel: That’s a good question.  Can I say don’t trust yourself or don’t trust anybody?

Maliss: If you want.

Eiel: Yeah, I would say a quote that I live by is, don’t trust anyone.  I know this is USB, this is not like a psychology class or anything, But you know– you just can’t get hurt, okay?  Don’t worry, don’t let yourself hurt.  Don’t let yourself get hurt by anybody else.  You come first. 

Lexie: “Enjoy Right Now, Today” – Tyler, The creator.  I’ve always enjoyed Tyler as a person.  He has several interviews where he discusses serious topics that aren’t talked about enough.  I feel like a lot of people begin to live in the past and forget what is truly going on in the current moment.  While doing that, you aren’t able to fully experience the good that life has to offer.  Stop worrying about those who’d rather not take your feelings into consideration.  Live your life with forgiveness and love.