The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
Samuel HelmsApril 30, 2024

Stockton: Former NFL superstar and accused murderer OJ Simpson died this past Wednesday, April 10, 2024.  His death sparked many mixed emotions...

Lincoln’s Kindness Committee Helps Bring Positive Impact

This committee promotes a welcoming campus culture and spread of kindness
Lincolns Kindness Committee Helps Bring Positive Impact

Stockton- The kindness committee at Lincoln high school is a great way to spread positivity around campus and provide a friendly culture.  The committee has been around for many years at Lincoln and is run by a group of students in the USB class which is supervised by Lincoln High Schools teacher Mr. Gadeke.  The committee consists of 7 members and is led by Junior Darrius Okawa who is in charge of starting conversations, filling out bills, and coming up with new ideas.  On November 17th The Kindness Committee held an LTA (Lunch Time Activity) called “The Pit of Kindness.”  While their students got to socialize and make new friends as well as simultaneously participating in another activity which allowed students to make gratitude cards to give to someone they cared about. This was a very successful event for the committee since many students participated in it and seemed to enjoy it.

Faith Nguyen, a member of the kindness committee stated, “The goal of the kindness committee is to overall encourage the spread of kindness throughout Lincoln’s campus and to improve campus culture.”  Every year the committee gains new members from the USB class and Faith believes this is an amazing opportunity to help out and give back to the student community at Lincoln High School.  When asked if the committee has ever thought about turning into a fulltime club at Lincoln, she stated, “At the moment, we don’t think that we will be turning the kindness committee into a club, since this is strictly more of a USB group that Mr. Gadeke had made for us to join. But, if Mr. Gadeke and our committee leader Darius were open to it, then it might be a possibility in the future.”

Nguyen explained that in the future the kindness committee is looking to create more events and plans to help improve campus culture and continue the spread of kindness throughout this year.  Hopefully this fantastic committee will be holding another LTA soon so you can go check it out and see all of the positive efforts being spread on your very own Lincoln campus.