The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
Samuel HelmsApril 30, 2024

Stockton: Former NFL superstar and accused murderer OJ Simpson died this past Wednesday, April 10, 2024.  His death sparked many mixed emotions...

Hot or not?: Hailey Bieber’s Rhode Phone Case

Is It Worth The Hype?
Hot+or+not%3F%3A+Hailey+Bieber%E2%80%99s+Rhode+Phone+Case

STOCKTON- I love everything about Hailey Bieber. So naturally, I had to buy the new viral phone case from her brand, Rhode Skin. For those who live under a rock, this new and innovative phone case has a slot where you can carry around your favorite Rhode lip product in. 

After Hailey Bieber posted her new product, fans went wild all over social media. Many fans called her idea genius, while others dissed the product. Despite my love for Mrs. Hailey Bieber, I will give an open and honest review about the case and my thoughts. 

First off, the phone case retails for $35. This is a similar price point to Devon Lee and Sydney Carlson’s popular phone case brand, Wildflower Cases. The case itself does not include any Rhode lip treatments or lip tints. (I bought a lip tint separately for $16.) In total I spent around $52 buying the case and lip tint. It took around a week to arrive and I was more than excited to open my package.

From first impressions, there was an unexpected bulge on the right side of the case. This is something I really did not like or even expect to be there. If you look on the Rhode Skin website, the bulge is never advertised or talked about by those who received it as PR. Immediately, I put the lip tint on the case. To my surprise as well, the case was surprisingly not heavy. I would not say it is lightweight obviously, but the weight definitely isn’t noticeable and despite the size it can fit in my back pocket. 

Currently, this product is only available compatible with Iphones 14 and 15 Pro/Pro Max. As this was their first launch of the case, it is expected they would have limited sizes. However, Rhode released a form where customers can request more compatible sizes for future sales. 

The question everyone has been waiting for…. Would I recommend it? That’s a tricky question to answer. You need to be constantly stocked on lip treatments or/and tints to have the intended use of the case. As of now, the only place to purchase Rhode products is on their website. This makes purchasing somewhat inconvenient for consumers, but hopefully in the future we are able to see Rhode products in stores like Sephora or Ulta! The hold and the overall feel of the case is slightly different and annoying at first, but over time, I would say I got used to it. Putting aside the physical aspects, the case is a great conversation starter and for some reason men are incredibly intrigued by the invention. My final verdict would be… yes!

Leave a Comment
More to Discover

Comments (0)

The Lincolnian intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or slurs. Comments that contain flagged material will be automatically removed.
All The Lincolnian Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *