The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
Samuel HelmsApril 30, 2024

Stockton: Former NFL superstar and accused murderer OJ Simpson died this past Wednesday, April 10, 2024.  His death sparked many mixed emotions...

Self Help 

How can we actually help ourselves? 
Self Help 

High school is hard enough academically for teenagers without the drama, relationships, and bad influences.  But in high school these and many more obstacles challenge everyone each day whether it is shown on their face or not.  Keeping one’s mental and physical health up during this stage in one’s life is the most important thing one can do in high school.  However finding the right person to talk to or finding something to help keep one’s health up can be not so easy of a task.  In high school it is difficult to find people to trust however it is not impossible.  High school can be as memorable as one decides to make it.  To make it memorable and find a good community that one can trust.  What might help is going to the events that Lincoln High School typically offers.  Such as dances, LTA (lunch time activities), back to school night, international night, and etc.  This campus has so much to offer oneself if one is willingly to go out and explore leading oneself to eventually find their place. 

What also helps to meet new people and form a community is joining sports or clubs.  Don’t let the certain factors one tells themself such as not being good or not being super athletic discourage oneself.  If one joins that sport and keeps showing up people will notice plus it is bound to help one get better.  Also joining a club is a great way to meet new people by joining a community.  It can lead to many opportunities while maintaining many close relationships. By joining these activities or showing up to events Lincoln High School offers one could discover different parts of oneself one never knew were there.  Another important aspect is grades and keeping them up throughout the school year.  There are many ways to study which will help when it comes to tests and one’s performance in the classroom.  One way is to have a study buddy or group and study together which might be a better option if when studying alone one tends to lose focus.  Having a group or one other person can make a big difference in helping make studying fun instead of being alone trying to quiz oneself. 

Furthermore, going to a designated place to study if one doesn’t like being home too often. Such as the library, tutoring, and public places that allow this such as Starbucks.  Or one can study alone which will pay off just as much as studying with one another.  However start, with studying every night for 10 minutes then 15 minutes and just keep going up when one feels comfortable too.  Getting to know people and having friendships may not seem very important but it is.  For example if one is a freshman the fellow freshman classmates one sees are the ones one will see at graduation.  They are the ones who will walk the stage just as oneself will.  Therefore putting oneself out there and being proactive is one of the greatest things one can do while at high school.  But having time for self-care and making this a priority is a life skill one will need all their life.  Take some time by oneself and some time to hangout with one’s friends, whatever makes one happy one should do.