The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
Samuel HelmsApril 30, 2024

Stockton: Former NFL superstar and accused murderer OJ Simpson died this past Wednesday, April 10, 2024.  His death sparked many mixed emotions...

Separate but Together

Maintaining One’s Individuality In Relationships
Separate but Together

Relationships are hard to manage no matter what age or where you are in life.  They are fun, scary, complicated, confusing, weird, and investments of your time.  Sometimes, all the things that come with a relationship makes it easy to lose your individuality.  One way is by focusing too much on other people or just not making time for yourself.  It’s easy to lose ourselves but it’s hard to find ourselves.  It’s hard to pick yourself up once you’re down and all the adrenaline has rushed away.  But once you’re up, don’t let those parts of you fall again.  In life, being kind and taking risks when it comes to relationships is good advice. 

However, it should never cost you pieces of your individuality. If it does, then the relationship might not be the best thing for you because in life, at the end of the day, all you have is yourself.  If you don’t invest in your body, mind, and soul then you won’t be at your full potential.  Taking care of oneself is a number one priority.  It’s not selfish nor crazy to need time alone to hear one’s own thoughts or get a hold of one’s feelings.  Sometimes once you’re down in the rabbit hole, you never want to fall again and  to prevent that, a harder effort is required sometimes.  The necessity of having another person  do this is irrelevant; all the strength resides within oneself.   Never lose your individuality, because you matter and you make an impact no matter what you do.