The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
Samuel HelmsApril 30, 2024

Stockton: Former NFL superstar and accused murderer OJ Simpson died this past Wednesday, April 10, 2024.  His death sparked many mixed emotions...

A brief overview into the work and accomplishments of Ms. Weiser

From outdoor ed to wildlife research, this biology and environmental science teacher is more than just a teacher.

Lincoln High School’s teachers are leaders in student’s educational journeys, acting as guides into various future interests and careers.  Serving a student body of almost 3000 students, they help equip students with critical information and skills for the future. 

But many of these teachers are more than just instructors.  They’re also researchers, activists, actors, and artists.  A prime example of one whose passions extend far beyond the classroom would be Lincoln’s November’s teacher of the month, Ms. Weiser. 

Graduating from UC Davis with a B.S. in Zoology, Ms. Wieser teaches biology and environmental science at Lincoln High School.  She boasts an impressive résumé consisting of various jobs and research projects pertaining to the environment and various ecosystems.

Outdoor Education:

Before becoming a teacher, Ms. Weiser worked in various locations as an outdoor educator, including in Tulane, Alameda, and Santa Cruz counties, where she taught students about the natural world and sciences which govern it.  She also worked in Australia at a camp in New South Wales, cultivating team building and outdoor activity within youth.

Research:

Ms. Weiser doesn’t just have experience as an educator; she also has extensive experience within environmental research as well.  Originally working for Western Ecosystems Technology to study the effects of wind turbines, she was transferred to Jones & Stokes (now part of ICF) where she, alongside her team, conducted observation counts on bird populations against mortality rates from wind turbines.

Additionally, Ms. Weiser was also part of California Audubon, a non-profit bird and migratory organization, where she studied the tricolored blackbird, did shore bird counts, and worked with private duck clubs to provide water and habitat for migratory species.

School Teaching:

Ms. Weiser’s experience as a teacher goes further than just Lincoln High School.  Ms. Weiser has also previously worked as a 6th grade teacher for Jefferson School District where she taught multiple subjects.  She also worked at John McCandless STEM school as a 4th grade teacher for multiple subjects.  Today, she works for our very own Lincoln High School where she’s been teaching biology and environmental science for the past 8 years. 

Currently, Ms. Weiser also leads tours for California Fish and Wildlife Sandhill Cranes Tours, as well as volunteers as a guide for the Lodi Sandhill Crane Festival. 

If you ever get the opportunity to have Ms. Weiser as a teacher, know that she’s not just an instructor on campus, but a passionate environmentalist with an incredible amount of experience in the subjects she loves.