The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

The Lincolnian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
Samuel Helms April 30, 2024

Stockton: Former NFL superstar and accused murderer OJ Simpson died this past Wednesday, April 10, 2024.  His death sparked many mixed emotions...

Lincoln High’s Thanksgiving

Lincoln Clubs Put on LTA’s to Celebrate Thanksgiving
Lincoln High’s Thanksgiving

From November 14th to the 17th, a few Lincoln High clubs have held several events to celebrate Thanksgiving and get students to express what they’re grateful for. The Mental Health Committee was one of them, the LTA’s they held were a Thankful Turkey, Gratitude Rocks, and a Gratitude Wreath. The Thankful Turkey was on Tuesday, November 14th. This had students write something or someone they were thankful for on a paper turkey feather, after, they were all pinned to a paper turkey. 

The next event on Wednesday the 15th was probably the most popular one. Rock painting! These gratitude rocks were made for students to paint and had everyone write what they were most thankful for and what brings them the most joy in life. It’s always important to hold events like these because they can really make a difference for people. It’s always a huge thing to appreciate what you have and express gratitude towards someone or something. 

The final event held by The Mental Health Committee was on Thursday, November 16. The Gratitude Wreath. Students wrote down what they were thankful for and then had all the responses arranged into a wreath to hang up and be a decoration for all students. The Kindness Committee also held an LTA on Friday in front of the Students Activities Office. They had students write letters of gratitude to people who were most important to them; they also drew and colored pictures on the front of the card. All these LTA’s are great community and campus builders. They can really boost morale among students and get them in the Thanksgiving spirit. If you weren’t able to attend any of the LTA’s, I really recommend going to any in the future!